Sunday, March 30, 2014

Silence

The fairies came for my sister today, they stopped to tell me along the way, she was promised to them at birth they say, and now they'll take her home to stay. "But why?" I asked, "I love her so!" They nodded sadly, "Yes, we know," but now it's time for her to go." I watched them ride on in a row. My sister she is sick you see, she cannot really play with me, her body cannot climb a tree, or run around, or dance with glee. But though she isn't free to play, she has the sweetest, gentle way, that makes you want to sit and stay, beside her as she fades away. Our home will never be the same, a heavy silence once they claim, her loving heart, her soul, her flame, and never more we'll speak her name.

1 comment:

  1. please write more! or did the fairies come for you? i hope not.

    ReplyDelete